Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kansas prairie burning

Each year the farmers of Kansas burn the prairie to get ready for the cattle to graze on it. I have seen some of the most amazing photographs of this occasion and finally got my chance to try my hand at it. Here are a few of the best ones. Enjoy!

Check out the "painting" effect on the sun as seen through the heat waves off the flames.

Smoke can make a really awesome sunset!
Sunset seen through a tree silhouette.

Glow on the nearby grasses.



Orange and black...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shots Julie. They're all good but that first one is my favorite. The heat from that fire gave the sunset an awesome painterly effect. I like the way you framed the sun in the third pic. I'll add a link to your blog from mine. All the best, Dan.