Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mulvane Mountain/Plains Art Fair

Well I was able to slip away to the Art Fair today for about an hour before it closed down. What a bunch of talent in one small area! I was able to walk by all the booths, but took more time at the photography ones. One of my fellow Lawrence Photo Alliance members, Dennis Okruhlik, had a booth and he reported he was having a good show.
I was inspired by the beautiful works of art! I especially enjoyed a booth by a photographer who does Polaroid emulsion transfer. Through the process he transfers slides or prints to Polaroid film and then removes a thin layer of it and applies it to handmade paper or watercolor paper. He had them matted and framed very nicely. I loved the vintage look they got through the process. Two other booths I enjoyed had photos displayed that had been altered in Photoshop, one giving them a painterly effect and the other giving them a soft look and making the coloring look old, or shall I say vintage again. I'm thinking I might be onto something here! Maybe I can combine my love of photography with my love of antiques! :-)

No comments: