September was a busy month and so is October already! Finally getting some shots posted here. Fall is slowly overtaking us and I've been able to get out and get some photos. Some days it's a real effort, with 2 little guys to keep track of, but with one in school it has gotten a little easier. I've learned not to force it...they need to be my priority, and I usually get an opportunity to shoot just at the right time. I have been eyeing the beautiful fall wildflowers for a long time and finally the other day I was able to pull onto a service road and get away from traffic. So Logan followed me around as I shot pictures and he played in the grass and dirt. He had a ball and so did I! Patience pays off.
The Monarch population sure increased around here in September. Migration time. They are hard to photograph, though...very flighty. It's even harder yet to get them with their wings open.
This was at a park in Lawrence...have to balance play time with "Mommy's-taking-pictures" time.
This isn't such a great shot, but I've always wanted to get a shot of the dew...with a neat reflection. This had a reflection, and a sparkle!, but nothing spectacular. Someday I'll get what I'm looking for!
Cosmos...
This shot isn't the best, but it was the best I got. I was trying to capture these beautiful yellow sulphur butterflies drinking out of the morning glories. They were hard to catch, and I was using my telephoto lens, so I had to find them with my camera down, then quickly try to find them in the viewfinder after they landed on a flower. They crawled inside the flowers really quickly, too. But it was fun...until I almost burned one batch of cookies I was baking at the time because I got so taken up with it. Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment